At KIPP OKC College Prep Middle School, all students will learn and achieve.
KIPP OKC is part of the national KIPP network of tuition-free, open enrollment college-preparatory public charter schools dedicated to preparing students from underserved communities for success in college and life.
Who we are: KIPP OKC College Prep Middle School is a high-performing, college-preparatory public charter school. We educate students in grades 4-8.
What we do: We set clearly defined and measurable high expectations for academic achievement and conduct in order to create and reinforce a culture of achievement and support. We know that every student is different and we personalize learning based on a student’s needs, skills, and interests.
How we do it: Great schools require great teachers and school leaders. We empower our educators to lead school teams, and we invest in training to help them grow as professionals. Our schools provide a safe, structured, and nurturing environment with minimal distractions and more time for both academics and character building, so our students love school and maximize their learning.
Why it matters: Great education transforms lives. At KIPP OKC, teachers, students, and families are all united around the same goal: college and a choice-filled life. We believe that an excellent college-preparatory education will set students up for success in whatever life path they choose. Through collective hard work and commitment, KIPP students complete college at a rate that is above the national average for all students and four times higher than that of students from similar economic backgrounds.
Instructional Planning and Delivery
- Develop standards-based unit plans and daily lesson plans, or internalize lessons on a daily basis.
- Design and deliver rigorous, backwards-planned lessons.
- Design and implement assessments that are aligned with daily objectives.
- Use data to adjust short- and long-term plans in order to meet students’ learning needs.
- Collaborate with colleagues and seek feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Reflect on instructional practices to meet individual professional development goals.
- Assume personal responsibility for student achievement.
- Actively participate in professional development, grade level, and department meetings.
- Maintain a growth mindset.
School Culture Alignment
- Believe that all children can learn.
- Establish and maintain relationships with students and families based on trust and respect.
- Approach practice with a sense of urgency to maximize instructional time.
- Establish and maintain high expectations for academic work and classroom behavior.
- Establish and reinforce rules and consequences to maintain positive, focused classroom.
- Meet professional obligations such as meeting deadlines and honoring schedules.
- Remain student-centered at all times.
- Build strong relationships with students and families.
- Communicate regularly with families about academic progress and behavior.
- Be accessible by school cell phone for homework help beyond regular school hours.
- Participate in parent meetings, conferences, and periodic evening school events.
- Participate in daily duties (i.e. breakfast, lunch, dismissal) to support school operations.
- Maintain accurate grade book, and data tracking systems.
- Assist with both student and staff recruitment at times.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Preference will be given to those who hold a teaching certification.
- Commitment to and experience with youth of various cultural and lower economic backgrounds (at least 2 years of teaching experience highly preferred).
- Focus on results and a commitment to teamwork.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary is commensurate with experience. KIPP OKC teachers earn a salary that is an an average of $7k more than the surrounding districts.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- All staff members are issued a laptop computer.
- Professional growth and leadership opportunities within KIPP OKC.
- This position will being July 22, 2019
KIPP OKC is dedicated to equal employment opportunities and fair labor practices. KIPP OKC provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications, and the ability to perform a job without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religious creed, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, legally protected medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or on any other basis made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. It is our policy to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.