The Assistant Director of Academics provides leadership, management, and supervisory skills that promote academic excellence for all students. They lead others and stand for the values of Collegiate Hall that help develop globally competent citizens. They provide a clear vision, inspiration, energy, and insight for all staff and students. They are focused on creating a strong learning environment and making data-driven decisions. They are attentive to details, the change process, project planning, accountability, conflict resolution, team building, and maintaining an academically-focused school They are the primary person responsible for the oversight of academic excellence for students and are responsible for ensuring Collegiate Hall continues to provide rigorous instruction to all students are responsible for ensuring Collegiate Hall has a positive, values-driven, structured, and safe culture for students and staff.
● Strong commitment to and alignment with school’s mission and core values.
● Experience in behavior and/or SEL support for students.
● Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s or Advanced Degree preferred.
● Ability to assess data, find trends, and use information to make strategic decisions.
● Minimum of 3 years of successful, full-time, lead teaching.
● Minimum of 1 years of experience in school leadership.
● Commitment to high standards that will support the growth and development of staff and students.
● Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
● Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
● Ability to approach situations with courage, integrity, respect, and perseverance, willingness to take personal responsibility, open to and interested in feedback on performance, eagerness to continue to improve in effectiveness, and steady determination to pursue excellence regardless of the situation.
● Creates and implements a strong vision that leads to student growth and learning for all students.
● Develops staff skill for rigorous classroom instruction and high student engagement.
● Ensures vision and mission live out in all classrooms.
● Conducts crucial conversations based on student performance data for the purpose of enhancing student growth and achievement.
Leading and Managing Teachers:
● Develops, implements, and monitors outcomes of classroom and student achievement data to improve student learning.
● Creates a safe, clean, orderly learning environment.
● Collaborates with staff to achieve quarterly metrics to goals.
● Utilizes current technologies to support leadership and management functions.
● Develops and executes professional development for staff to ensure continuous growth.
Improving Teaching and Learning
● Works with and engages staff in a shared vision for effective teaching and learning by implementing a standards-based curriculum, relevant to student needs and interests, research-based effective practice, academic rigor, and high expectations for student learning in every classroom.
● Reviews instructional practices and creates a continuous improvement cycle.
● Implements data-guided decisions.
● Uses disaggregated data.
● Selects and retains teachers that maximize student learning.
● Evaluates the effectiveness of teaching and holds teachers accountable.
● Ensures professional learning for teachers that enhance student learning.
● Promotes the use of technology to enhance student learning.
Building and Maintaining Collaborative Relationships:
● Creates, develops, and sustains relationships that result in active student engagement in the learning process.
● Coaches and manages teacher-coaches and teachers to develop their knowledge and skills to become stronger.
● Utilizes meaningful feedback of students, staff, families, and community in the evaluation of school academic programs and policies.
● Embody and teach to the mission, vision, and strategic direction of the school.
● Lead summer and yearlong professional development sessions aimed at building, and implementing the school’s academic curriculum.
● Ensures academic alignment across the team.
● Coach and develop staff members to support student academic achievement.