JOB TITLE: Digital Cinema Technician (DCT)
REPORTS TO: Curriculum Specialist
About Comanche Academy
Comanche Academy (CA) will utilize a dual-language instructional format and is a place-based elementary school where the Comanche (Numunu) culture, language, and history are the foundation of an experiential curriculum. Using both English and Comanche to instruct students in all core content areas, students will develop high levels of bilingualism and biliteracy, and an understanding of Comanche culture. CA employees are a critical part in providing powerful new options for the way children are educated. In CA’s inaugural school year 2021-2022, CA will serve a total of 120 students in grades PreK-1st and grow one grade each year.
Comanche Academy is seeking a Digital Cinema Technician to serve the new Comanche Academy for the 2021-2022 school year. Under general supervision, initiate, guide, produce or perform a wide variety of instructional, promotional, developmental and/or audio/visual presentation material for classes and Comanche Academy events; and perform related work as required.
The DCT will produce original media material and duplicates copyright-cleared media material for CA. Provides a wide variety of photographic and audio-visual services to facilitate instruction and CA publication/presentation and events. Facilitates communication and media accessibility for CA activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Duplicates copyright-cleared media materials; records and edits programming from satellite, local source and internet-related broadcasts, utilizing traditional and specialized digital software and hardware equipment.
2. Directs and produces audio and video presentations and instructional material for CA utilizing specialized software and equipment.
3. Performs image processing and production: Converts materials from magazines, books, photographs, and artwork to prints or digital medium for CA.
4. Processes and converts images and files from audio or visual sources or presentation programs employing media-capture or graphic production and editing software.
5. Edits original multi-media productions and media material utilizing digital editing systems.
6. Records CA facilities, instruction, and events using film and digital cameras and equipment, including Comanche speakers and cultural authorities relating Comanche stories, history, songs, and showing (visiting) historical sites, creating a medicine wheel and other relevant information.
7. DCT will also video professional development sessions with CA teachers, paraprofessionals, and staff. Video from these sessions will also be edited into a final edition for continued professional development use.
8. Schedules equipment and facilities and operates multi-camera production, audio production and video conferencing systems including specialized video conferencing system; operates media presentation systems for classes, CA functions, and community events.
9. Maintains and oversees audio, video and image archive(s) of CA-related recorded events.
10. Provides informational assistance and support in the conception and implementation of multimedia materials for a variety of print, publication and digital output projects from a design, layout and concept perspective.
11. Trains faculty and staff on use of media equipment and the application of techniques in the creation of original productions.
12. Digital Cinema Technician and the Curriculum Specialist will develop a language information parent portal. Electronic platforms and resources for access to language instruction and support for the families to increase the use of Comanche language in the home. This includes video conferencing should the pandemic conditions continue.
13. DCT will edit, prepare final editions, and upload into the language portal and other sites.
14. Assist Curriculum Specialist in the development, delivery, and implementation of Comanche Language
15. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Traits
Candidates must have:
Education: College-level certificate in a field related to film or media production. Associate’s degree in a related field preferred.
Experience: Significant experience in production of media materials, including the production of audio, visual or photographic materials.
License or Certificate: This classification requires the use of a personal or District vehicle while conducting District business. Must possess a valid (Class D) Oklahoma driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
Possess a knowledge of Comanche language, history, and culture.
Special Requirements: Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting media equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), standing, climbing or walking. Be capable of working at height.
Compensation & Benefits
CA offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. CA is a 501(c)(3) organization and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Comanche Academy is authorized by the Comanche Nation and it is the policy of the Comanche Nation to provide hiring and promotion preference to officially enrolled Tribal members, who meet the essential job qualification for an open position.
Contact & Timeline
Candidates are encouraged to reach out to Superintendent/Principal Mike Figueroa for information on this role prior to applying, he can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply for consideration, please email a cover letter and resume email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Open until filled.