Job Title: Director of Maintenance
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Superintendent or his/her designee
Summary: Plans, organizes and directs comprehensive maintenance programs
Number of Days: 248 Days
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversees all functions and operations related to the upkeep, repair, and improvement of facilities and grounds; upgrades the effectiveness and efficiency of maintenance and custodial staff; coordinates all safety issues and training within the district; oversees the proper functioning of the various systems within the physical facilities of the district; designs and implements energy saving programs throughout the district; helps plan and oversee the bidding process of district projects (including development of bid specifications); helps develop budgets for capital outlay projects and other assignments as directed by the Superintendent or his/her designee.
· Maintenance Supervision: A) Maintain assignment as maintenance worker; B) Coordinate all maintenance for district (supervise maintenance crew, oversee personnel assignments; coordinate timelines); C)Develop and oversee annual preventive maintenance schedule for the district.
· Oversees all contracted custodial services.
· SafetyCoordination: A) Provide safety training (equipment, work practices, chemicals, etc.) for maintenance and custodial crews; B) Oversee all government program compliance (O.S.H.A., A.D.A., HAZ-MAT, playground equipment safety, gas operations, fire code compliance, etc.)
· Facilities Systems Supervision: A)Monitor all operational systems within the district; B) Perform appropriate maintenance or contact appropriate contractors for maintenance; C) Supervise preventive maintenance.
· Oversees and supervise all ground keeping services and personnel.
· Building/Grounds Project Supervision:Plan projects; Act as district project manager where appropriate; Verify project completion.
· Follow SFS purchasing policies and procedure for all expenses.
· Conform to District policy regarding attendance and absences. Employee attendance must be adequate to perform the above listed essential job functions.
· Drive a car, pickup truck and other vehicles as required.
Technology Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual would benefit with knowledge or acquire proficiency in internet and email software; spreadsheet software and word processing software.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
1. Any combination of training, education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school.
2. Experience in maintenance/custodial work.
3. Ability to communicate effectively.
4. Hold and maintain a Oklahoma Driver's License appropriate to the duties performed
5. Previous experience in a public school setting or institution of higher education.
6. A general knowledge of repair techniques.
7. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
8. Ability to exercise sound judgment and work independently.
9. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
10. Ability to use cleaning materials and equipment with skill and efficiency.
11. Ability to follow oral and written directions and specific rules, regulations and processes and apply them to a variety of situations.
12. Knowledge of safe work practices.
How to Apply:
Qualified interested applicants should submit letter of interest and resume to
Santa Fe South Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, or disability. This job description summary does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed. This job description is subject to change in response to funding variables, emerging technologies, improved operating procedures, productivity factors, and unforeseen events.