Manage operations and communications for Head of School and board of directors; and ensure John Rex maintains accreditations and compliance with the State of Oklahoma. Prior experience in an educational institution, demonstrated understanding of the Oklahoma education system, as well as experience with Apple technology are preferred. Personal characteristics necessary for the position include: enthusiasm for quality public charter schools and urban education; professionalism, organization and initiative; collaborative nature and consensus‐building skills; and excellent communication skills.
Bachelor or Undergraduate degree required.
Experience in an educational institution preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist the Head of School as executive assistant with daily schedule, setting appointments and correspondence such as composing, editing, and organizing a variety of documents and presentations.
2. Maintain calendars, manage events, appointments, and notifications.
3. Serve as Board Clerk, preparing agendas, maintaining and distributing board and other meeting minutes.
4. Oversee communications: create newsletters/messaging/annual publications; manage website updates and social media.
5. Coordinate all Oklahoma State Department of Education requirements, reports, and documentation ensuring all standards are met to maintain state accreditation in a timely manner.
6. Ensure all Oklahoma State Department of Education required reports are completed in a timely manner; manage the Single Sign On system for notices, assurances, and grant award.
7. Supervise and manage clerical staff.
8. Perform human resources duties including: managing insurance, leave and benefits contracts, payroll, POs and deposits.
9. Manage financial funding such as gifts and fundraising.
10. Serve on leadership team.
11. Be or be willing to become an appointed Oklahoma notary.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Frequent written, telephone, electronic, and in-person contact with the Head of School, other teaching and office staff, parents, volunteers, and community representatives for exchange of information and services, and general problem solving.
Performance of this job will be evaluated by the Head of School using informal and formal observations conducted multiple times each year by evaluators using JRCS the measurement tool.
Candidates are expected to have an undergraduate degree.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to juggle multiple tasks. Ability to monitor and track current events regarding education system in Oklahoma. Ability to define and solve problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one and small group situations to students, parents, teachers, staff and the general public. Bilingual (Spanish) is desirable.
Ability to use computer and computer related programs and other technologies needed to perform essential job functions. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, and the community. Ability to organize and chair or facilitate committees and meetings. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in oral and written form. Ability to perform duties and awareness of all school requirements and Board of Directors policies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works inside. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to loud depending on the activities in the particular part of the day and location.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties may be performed by individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.