Teaches skills in music appreciation, harmony, and explorations in music and in instrumental music (band, orchestra, instrumental ensemble) and/or choral music (chorus, choir, choral ensemble) to students. Is an active energetic role model for the building and helps to establish a positive school culture.
· Instructs pupils in citizenship and appreciation of music as an art form.
· Plans a balanced music program, and organizes daily class time so that preparation, rehearsal and instruction can be accomplished within the allotted time.
· Provides individual and small groupi nstruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
· Utilizes repertoire of all types of music literature, including traditional and contemporary, that are appropriate for the ages and skill levels of students.
· Controls the storage and use of school-owned property; makes minor adjustments and requests repairs to instruments as required.
· Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior to provide an orderly, productive environment during practice, group rehearsals, and music performances.
· Evaluates each pupil’s musical growth and performance, assessing each individual’s contribution to the performance of the group.
· Plans, rehearses, and directs pupils in musical programs for school and community. Applies knowledge of national, state and district procedures and limitations set on performances.
· Selects and requisitions books, musical instruments, and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
· Communicates with parents and collaborates with school staff.
· Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
· Cooperates with school administration in providing musical programs for school productions, graduation ceremonies, and civic functions.
· Plans and organizes Eagle Morning Pride weekly assembly.
· Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned work day.
· Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs.
· Participates in faculty committees and sponsorship of student activities.
· Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district, and/or in self-selected professional growth activities.
· Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which he/she will be evaluated in conformance with district guidelines.
· Performs other duties as many, from time to time be assigned by the supervisor.