Responsible for instructing students in an elementary school from grades K-5. Creates lesson plans, administers praise and constructive criticism, instructs students on subjects such as science, literature, and math, and creates a well-rounded, comprehensive instructional program.
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Utilize Guided Reading and Literacy Stations.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
- Maintain grade books.
- Grade papers and perform other duties as needed.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
- Utilize various curriculum resources.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs.
- Work with reading specialist to ensure initiatives are being met.
- Tutor students on an individual basis.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities, submit lesson plans.
- Implement an integrated arts curriculum. (OKA+ Arts Network)
- Observe and evaluate student's performance.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.