Our Lower Elementary Lead Teacher role is an opportunity for individuals who are results-driven educators, passionate about transforming education in Tulsa. Asan Elementary Lead Teacher, you will be joining a team of driven individuals and helping to guide young students' first experiences with education using a rigorous curriculum in a warm/strict environment.
● Teach multiple content blocks daily utilizing a combination of scripted curriculum and plans.
● Plan and execute Guided Reading small group lessons.
● Administer Fountas and Pinnell reading assessment, individual assessments in data binders, Literacy First phonics screener, and curriculum assessments throughout the year.
● Analyze MAP and Istation data to identify trends, inform instruction, and intervene individually and in small groups.
● Identify scholars in need of additional resources through the Response to the Intervention process.
● Track daily math exit tickets, Guided Reading objectives, Skills completion, and other objectives as needed.
● Record assessment scores and work on report cards.
● Read, understand, and adhere to all CBA Policies - i.e. Staff Handbook, Family Handbook, etc.
● Communicate with families monthly by call, email, or note about scholar academic and behavior bright spots and challenges.
● Provide resources for families as needed - sight word flashcards, extra Life’s Work, etc.
● Lead family report card conferences 2 times per year.
● Participate in professional development (summer pd, on-going pd throughout the year.)
● Participate in a one on one coaching and development process.
● Participate in weekly data meetings, weekly team meetings, and execution clinics.
● Guide the academic and social-emotional development of some of our youngest learners. (This includes Morning Meeting, Closing Circle, games, block play, and other daily opportunities.)
● Incorporate life skills, manners, core values, social skills, and coping skills into daily lessons.
● Receive in the moment feedback and support from the school leadership team.
● Collaborate with fellow teachers through the sharing of best practices.
● Have a sense of urgency while remaining detail-oriented; thinking critically about the details of a task at hand and planning in order to meet project timelines to drive real-time progress.
● Have the flexibility to adjust priorities with changing tasks and schedules as needed.
● Summer PD Calendar
● Family Calendar
● Enrollment Calendar
● Assessment Calendar
● Coaching Check-In’s
● RTI Meetings
● Data Meetings
● After school Professional Development
Coached By: TBD
PTO: 6 Days throughout the school year