College Bound Academy math lead teachers possess a strong desire to foster high levels of academic achievement. They are committed to continuing their own learning and refining their practice to stay current in the field, ensuring a quality education for all. College Bound math lead teachers are results-driven educators and passionate about transforming education in Tulsa. College Bound math lead teachers are driven individuals who seek to help guide young students' first experiences with education while using a rigorous curriculum in a warm/strict environment.
● Build foundational skills in math as well as higher level thinking and create a love for math.
● Teach multiple content blocks daily utilizing a combination of scripted curriculum and plans.
● Plan and execute any other assigned content based on grade level schedule.
● Assess and progress monitor scholar progress.
● Administer Fountas and Pinnell reading assessment, individual assessments in data binders, Literacy First phonics screener, and curriculum assessments throughout the year.
● Analyze classroom data to identify trends, inform instruction, and intervene in small groups.
● Analyze MAP data to identify trends, inform instruction, and intervene in small groups.
● Identify scholars in need of additional resources through the Response to Intervention process.
● Track daily math exit tickets, as well as, any other additional content objectives as determined by assigned grade level.
● Record assessment scores and work on report cards.
● Teachers are expected to lead a homeroom of scholars, beginning and ending the day with them, as well as being the first point of contact for their families.
● Partner with scholar families: communicate monthly by call, email, or note about scholar academic and behavior bright spots and challenges.
● Provide resources for families as needed - sight word flashcards, extra Life’s Work, etc.
● Lead family report card conferences 2 times per year.
● Go above and beyond to consistently innovate and improve one's practice.
● Participate in professional development (summer pd, on-going pd throughout the year.)
● Participate in a one on one coaching and development process.
● Participate in weekly data meetings, weekly team meetings, and execution clinics.
● Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops to maintain and improve professional content mastery.
● Maintain effective supervision and discipline in the classroom.
● Special projects and duties outside of primary teaching responsibility as assigned
● Receive in the moment feedback and support from the school leadership team.
● Collaborate with fellow teachers through the sharing of best practices.
● Read, understand, and adhere to all CBA Policies - Staff Handbook, Family Handbook, etc.
● Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the interview process!
● Summer PD Calendar
● Family Calendar
● Enrollment Calendar
● Assessment Calendar
● Coaching Check-In’s
● RTI Meetings
● Data Meetings
● After school Professional Development
Coached By: TBD
PTO: 6 Days throughout the school year