Open 2/1/2018 until filled
The Teacher is responsible for most direct instruction and direct contact with the students with a job description more specifically defined below:
- Maintain and enrich their expertise in the subject area they will teach
- Develop lesson plans that ensure the attainment of state learning standards and the additional specific grade-by-grade learning standards set forth in character.
- Coordinate lesson plans with other teachers to maximize possibilities for teaching similar topics in the same general time frame, thus reinforcing student knowledge on an interdisciplinary basis.
- Provide direct and indirect instruction
- Long and short-term planning addressing individual needs of student
- Prepare students adequately for all required assessments
- Evaluate students’ progress
- Prepare at least quarterly individual student achievement reports for parents.
- Provide an inviting, exciting, innovative, learning environment
- Engage in effective and appropriate classroom management
- Accept and incorporate feedback and coaching from administrative staff
- Serve as an advisor to students, including organizing advisory groups, overseeing the academic and behavioral progress
- Perform other duties as deemed appropriate by the principal