At KIPP OKC College Prep Middle School, all students will learn and achieve.
KIPP OKC is part of the national KIPP network of tuition-free, open enrollment college-preparatory public charter schools dedicated to preparing students from underserved communities for success in college and life.
Who we are: KIPP OKC College Prep Middle School is a high-performing, college-preparatory public charter school. We educate students in grades 4-8.
What we do: We set clearly defined and measurable high expectations for academic achievement and conduct in order to create and reinforce a culture of achievement and support. We know that every student is different and we personalize learning based on a student’s needs, skills, and interests.
How we do it: Great schools require great teachers and school leaders. We empower our educators to lead school teams, and we invest in training to help them grow as professionals. Our schools provide a safe, structured, and nurturing environment with minimal distractions and more time for both academics and character building, so our students love school and maximize their learning.
Why it matters: Great education transforms lives. At KIPP OKC, teachers, students, and families are all united around the same goal: college and a choice-filled life. We believe that an excellent college-preparatory education will set students up for success in whatever life path they choose. Through collective hard work and commitment, KIPP students complete college at a rate that is above the national average for all students and four times higher than that of students from similar economic backgrounds.
Substitute teachers help students to learn subject matter and/or skills that are required for scheduled lessons and provide meaningful instruction for assigned classrooms in the absence of the regular classroom teacher.
- Reviews the plans and schedule to be followed during the teaching day with the school leader or designated teacher
- Teaches the lessons prepared by the absent teacher
- Reports in writing, on the form provided, the day’s activities at conclusion of each day and provides other feedback as requested by the school leader
- Follows all district policies, rules, and procedures to which regular teachers are subject and which good teaching practice dictates
- Consults, as appropriate, with the school leader before initiating any lesson or other procedure not specified in the teacher’s plans
- Maintains as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classrooms to which he/she is assigned
- Assumes responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in class and at other times during the school day as requested
- Maintains appropriate student behavior at all times throughout the school day for assigned students
- Keeps informed about current educational trends and new methods in education
- Utilizes the practices and procedures in the Substitute Teachers’ Handbook distributed annually by KIPP Texas Public Schools
- School/Community Relations
- Maintains good relations with the faculty and staff of the district
- Treats information about students and staff with the utmost confidence
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.