At KIPP OKC College Prep Middle School, all students will learn and achieve.
KIPP OKC is part of the national KIPP network of tuition-free, open enrollment college-preparatory public charter schools dedicated to preparing students from underserved communities for success in college and life.
Why KIPP OKC matters: Great education transforms lives. At KIPP OKC, teachers, students, and families are all united around the same goal: college and a choice-filled life. We believe that an excellent college-preparatory education will set students up for success in whatever life path they choose. Through collective hard work and commitment, KIPP students complete college at a rate that is above the national average for all students and four times higher than that of students from similar economic backgrounds.
Provide 4th-8th grade students with appropriate learning activities and experiences that will enable them to fulfill their potential and flourish – intellectually, emotionally, physically and socially, through one of the following positions: Spanish (native and non-native), art, drama, speech/debate, physical education, music, or technology.
- Extensively plan and implement units, lesson plans, and assessments for the academic year
- Develop and administer a variety of formal and informal assessments to measure students’ growth and mastery in order to evaluate and refine instruction
- Work closely with other teachers and team members to create a cohesive and positive school-wide culture
- Receive consistent instructional feedback to grow your craft from our experienced instructional coaches and administrative team
- Collaborate with other electives teachers within the local community and our KIPP network to determine and execute best practices in the classroom
- Maintain and enrich subject-matter expertise
- Communicate regularly with parents
- Build strong and effective relationships with students, staff, and families
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Required: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Preferred: Valid teaching certificate (in or out-of-state)
- Preferred: a minimum of 2 years of experience within an under-resourced community
- A track record of success in the classroom, with data that you can explain
- Expertise in Electives education strategies
- Ability to work with a variety of learning abilities and differentiate for those students with special needs, as well as English Learners
- Successful classroom manager who passionately believes that a structured environment and high behavioral expectations for all students lead to student achievement
- A collaborative attitude towards teaching and learning
- A desire to be part of a team of committed Electives educators
- Responsiveness; Follow-up and follow-through with students, families, and faculty members is essential
- Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence and initiative
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- The ability to be flexible in a new and high-performing school environment where things change all the time to best serve the needs of our students
Need more reasons to join our Team?
- KIPP OKC teacher salaries are proportionate with experience.
- KIPP OKC teachers earn a salary that is on average $7k more than the surrounding districts.
- KIPP OKC teachers receive a comprehensive benefits package.
- All staff members are issued a laptop and essential instructional materials.
- Professional growth and long-term leadership opportunities within KIPP OKC.
- Our students are the best! Hands down!
We look forward to hearing from you!
KIPP OKC is dedicated to equal employment opportunities and fair labor practices. KIPP OKC provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications, and the ability to perform a job without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religious creed, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, legally protected medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or on any other basis made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. It is our policy to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.