- Oklahoma City, OK, USA
- Department: Teacher
- Grade Level: Elementary
- Start Date: Next year opening
KIPP OKC is part of the national KIPP network of tuition-free, open enrollment college-preparatory public charter schools dedicated to preparing scholars from most deserving communities for success in college and life.
Who we are: KIPP OKC College Prep Middle School is a high-performing, college-preparatory public charter school. We educate scholars in grades 4-8.
What we do: We set clearly defined and measurable high expectations for academic achievement, social-emotional skill support, and character development in order to create and reinforce a well-rounded culture of achievement. We know that every scholar is different and we personalize learning based on a scholar’s needs, skills, and interests.
How we do it: Great schools require great teachers and school leaders. We empower our educators to lead school teams, and we invest in training to help them grow as professionals. Our schools provide a safe, structured, and nurturing environment with minimal distractions and more time for both academics and character building, so our scholars love school and maximize their learning.
Why it matters: Great education transforms lives. At KIPP OKC, teachers, scholars, and families are all united around the same goal: college and a choice-filled life. We believe that an excellent college-preparatory education will set scholars up for success in whatever life path they choose. When our scholars graduate from 8th grade, they leave us prepared to enroll at high-performing schools of choice. Additionally, our KIPP OKC alumni complete college at a higher rate above the national average for all scholars, and four times higher than that of scholars from similar economic backgrounds.
Instructional Planning and Delivery
- Develop standards-based unit plans and daily lesson plans.
- Design and deliver rigorous, backwards-planned lessons.
- Design and implement assessments that are aligned with daily objectives.
- Use data to adjust short- and long-term plans in order to meet scholars’ learning needs.
- Collaborate with colleagues and seek feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Reflect on instructional practices to meet individual professional development goals.
- Assume personal responsibility for scholar achievement.
- Actively participate in professional development, grade level, and department meetings.
- Actively and regularly engage families.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Preference will be given to those who hold a teaching certification.
- Commitment to and experience with youth of various cultural and lower economic backgrounds (at least 2 years of teaching experience highly preferred).
- Satisfactory outcome of a background check.
Every member of our KIPP OKC Team and Family is able to:
- Explain the importance of culturally relevant teaching within the context of working within communities of color, as well as demonstrate an unyielding belief and desire for all scholars to meet and/or exceed their academic goals.
- Demonstrate an unwavering and personal responsibility to close the racial opportunity gap through knowledge, application, and ownership of equitable and inclusive practices for every scholar and family.
- Embrace challenges, demonstrate willingness to be reflective and vulnerable, utilize criticism to improve practices, communicate when support or clarity is needed, and value feedback as necessary for immediate and long-term development.
- Demonstrate awareness of personal bias, and demonstrate self-reflection by identifying personal strengths and areas of growth.
- Demonstrates willingness to problem solve with colleagues and families, initiates conversations that will result in positive scholar outcomes, and works closely with teachers to ensure the success of every scholar.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary is commensurate with experience. KIPP OKC teachers earn a salary that is an average of $7k more than the surrounding districts.
- Employee health insurance coverage
- Life insurance including AD & D
- Oklahoma Teachers Retirement System contributions
- Compensated leave time for illness or personal reasons
- All staff members are issued a laptop computer and instructional technological equipment.
- Professional growth and leadership opportunities within KIPP OKC.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.