The school will begin with Pre-K and K, adding the next grade Ievels the following years. This will be a teaching-principal position. A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required, culturally responsiveness and an understanding of educational sovereignty a must.
Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and respect for Indigenous Nations and their Peoples.
The Principal will report to the School Board and is responsible for implementing the mission, maintaining the academic integrity, managing the faculty, and overall supervision of the students of the charter school.
• Understand and adhere to the mission, philosophy, and climate of the school.
• Understand and use the principles of culturally responsive and academic education.
• Develop the professional character of every teacher.
• Manage faculty, facility, and students.
• Facilitate an understanding of education, the curriculum, and cultural responsiveness among the faculty, staff, parents and students.
• Oversight of curriculum and school climate.
• Partner with the school board and accountant to maintain the charter school budget.
• Oversight of educational staff. Ensure and/or provide curriculum delivery that is educationally and culturally sound and consistent with Culturally Responsive Place Based Education and assure teaching methods are consistent with the school philosophy.
• Plan for the academic, cultural, and professional growth of faculty.
• Oversee students’ academic progress. Recognize academic excellence and culturally responsiveness. Responsible for encouraging family involvement through effective communication, and family events.
• Oversight of after-school activities.
• Oversight of all policies and procedures, including student handbook.
• Continually gather information regarding education and educational issues in Pawnee and the State of Oklahoma and the United States.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Masters preferred
• Background of Indigenous Knowledge and Respect
• Knowledge of core curriculum
• Must have or seek CDL Insurable by ODOT standards for school bus
• Indigenous candidates encouraged to apply
• Ability to be an academic and cultural leader
• Ability to be a licensed educator and administrator in Oklahoma
• Ability to pass background check
To be considered for the position, please submit your cover letter, resume and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.