The Dean of Student Supports will develop, implement, and manage a robust and effective vision and strategy for serving students with special needs at Collegiate Hall. Collegiate Hall’s student population mirrors the districts we serve, meaning we have roughly 15-20% of students on IEPs, with a diverse set of special needs. The school-based Dean of Student Supports will monitor compliance at the school-level, manage a case load, and provide coaching, development, and manage two other special education teachers in the building.
- Strong commitment to and alignment with school’s mission and core beliefs.
- Experience in leadership and management of both adults and students. Experience and passion for working with students with special needs.
- Certification in special education in the state of Oklahoma, or possess a certification in another state that successfully transfers to Oklahoma according to the Oklahoma Department of Education reciprocity requirements.
- Ability to assess data, find trends, and use information to make strategic decisions. Knowledge of or experience in education, school finance, governance, management, or law. Experience in budgetary planning, accounting, and effective allocation of school resources. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to approach situations with courage, integrity, respect and perseverance, willingness to take personal responsibility, open to and interested in feedback on performance, eagerness to continue to improve in effectiveness, and steady determination to pursue excellence regardless of the situation.
- Develop and manage a sustainable, compliant, and effective special education program.
- Develop efficient and effective processes through which Collegiate Hall students have access to high- quality special education services.
- Manage the school's Special Education Teachers to provide a world class educational program for students with special needs, including the development and facilitation of effective professional development sessions for teachers around how best to serve and differentiate instruction for students with special needs.
- Manage a case load to provide educational services to scholars with special needs (both co-teaching in general education classrooms and/or providing service minutes to students in small group settings) Work in conjunction with the Head of School and School Director to manage relationships with host districts and state departments of education.
- Ensure special education processes at the school are well-managed and compliant with all regulations from host districts and state departments of education.
- Work to ensure Collegiate Hall is well-positioned to serve students with a wide variety of needs.