REPORTS TO: Superintendent / Principal
About Comanche Academy
Comanche Academy (CA) will utilize a dual-language instructional format and is a place-based elementary school where the Comanche (Numunu) culture, language, and history are the foundation of an experiential curriculum. Using both English and Comanche to instruct students in all core content areas, students will develop high levels of bilingualism and biliteracy, and an understanding of Comanche culture. CA employees are a critical part in providing powerful new options for the way children are educated. In CA’s inaugural school year 2021-2022, CA will serve a total of 120 students in grades PreK-1st and grow one grade each year.
Virtual Learning Support Program
Salary Schedule: To Be Negotiated
Daily Work Hours: Vary
JOB GOAL: Responsible for providing an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and psychological growth and for organizing and implementing an instructional program that results in students achieving academic success. This is a 10 month position.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Valid teachers certificate preferred.
● Experience in virtual learning and tutoring
● Computer application background preferred
● Experience with online instruction
● Background in working with youth.
● Student and parent conferencing skills
● Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders in the Virtual Learning Support Program in written and oral form, including electronic media, using positive interpersonal skills
● Ability to organize, prioritize, manage and carry out duties efficiently and within established timeframes
● Ability to use effective strategies in differentiating instruction
● Knowledge of curriculum and instructional best practices for online learning
● Demonstrate operational knowledge of Internet and Web-related technologies
● Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, and schools
● Demonstrate effective data-based problem solving skills
● Must pass a criminal background check
● Assist in designing the Virtual Learning Support Program so that it is consistent with the home school programs
● Develop, implement, and evaluate the Virtual Instruction Program’s curriculum, and schedule.
● Continue professional growth through self-directed, as well as defined professional development opportunities, which may include additional training, professional learning communities, outside research, and reading professional literature
● Assist with school-wide data analysis, as part of a professional development needs assessment Programming
● Implement instructional activities that contribute to a positive environment where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences
● Provide differentiated instruction to meet the needs of all students
● Collaborate with the instructional team concerning student educational needs as requested
● Clearly articulates deadlines, schedules, and procedures to students and parents to ensure that students complete coursework in a timely manner
● Assist students and parents with technical support requests relating to the course interface and student information systems
● Uses a variety of programs and software applications, as appropriate, to complete instructional and administrative tasks
● Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals
● Work with students, parents, and schools in a positive, proactive manner
● Provide direct consultation and guidance to students and parents on matters relating to courses, procedures, and learning strategies
● Assist in providing information to community groups, students, or parents about the Virtual Learning SupportProgram
● Participate in community-based extracurricular activities as requested
MONITORING AND REPORTING:
● Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner
● Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures
● Complete appropriate reports for local, state, federal and educational agencies
● Use formative and summative assessments in order to differentiate and improve instructional practices and strategies
● Evaluate student performance on a regular basis and providing feedback to students and parents
● Ensures that student growth and achievement is continuous and appropriate for age group, subject area, and/or program classification
● Ensure that each student enrolled in the Instruction Program has accurate, up-to-date records
● Meet program expectations for progress monitoring and parent/student communication
● Maintain records of parent and student contact
● Refer students who are not complying with course or program policies to the supervisor for necessary interventions.
● Alert supervisor when a student, parent, or guidance counselor fails to respond to attempts to communicate
● Other perform other duties as assigned
Compensation & Benefits
CA offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. CA is a 501(c)(3) organization and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact & Timeline
Candidates are encouraged to reach out to Superintendent/Principal Mike Figeuroa for information on this role prior to applying, she can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply for consideration, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Closing Date is September 11, 2020, 5:00 pm CST.