Lindsay Public Schools and OPSRC are partnering together on Monday, January 21, 2019 to provide a variety of Professional Development breakout sessions. Breakfast and lunch will be provided and all area member schools are invited to attend! Teachers can choose from a variety of PD sessions. A sampling of the some potential sessions are listed below:
Target Audience: Classroom teachers (all levels and all subjects)
Full day professional development with morning and afternoon breakout sessions including
- Online Applications that Support English Language Learners: Increase the use of technology in your classroom to best serve English Language Learners. Begin by exploring applications that are a useful addition to your ELL strategies, and implement them into your daily instruction.
- Foldables: Foldables are three-dimensional, interactive graphic organizers that quickly organize and display data. Learn how to replace teacher-generated photocopied worksheets with student-generated documents, and learn how to communicate information through visuals like graphs, models, and diagrams.
- Effective and Efficient Structures to Engage Students: Participants will learn instructional strategies designed to promote cooperation and communication in the classroom, boost students' confidence and retain their interest in lessons.
- Do's and Don'ts for Teaching ELLs: The Do's and Dont's session will provide easy tips for those new to working with ELL students. Participants will understand how to meet the needs of a diverse student population.
- Google Suite: Google Suite Training will focus on Google Forms, Google Slides, Google Docs and Google Sheets. Participants will leave with knowledge on how to create and share Google Docs and Sheets, customize and create online quizzes and surveys and produce presentations while formatting animation and sharing options.
Cost: OPSRC Members are free! Non-Members will pay $75 fee. Upon registration, you will be invoiced the cost of the workshop to the email you provided.