About John Rex
- MISSION: To offer quality educational opportunities to children in the heart of downtown Oklahoma City
- VISION: To be nationally recognized as the premier PK-8 learning center that equips students to excel at their life’s passions
- John Rex Charter School opened in August 2014 and offers a one-of-a-kind, quality education to an economically and racially diverse group of students. This unique charter school places students in the heart of the city for daily exposure to the culturally rich amenities that are only available in downtown Oklahoma City.
- Expanded opportunities abound within walking distance of the school. Downtown neighbors include performing and visual arts organizations, civic and business groups, plus numerous cultural and sports-related resources. Access to these amenities provides a unique, hands-on experience for students.
Points of Pride
- We have a partnership with the OKC Arts Council to provide art education and through which we received a Disney Musical Grant.
- Last year, the State Department of Education ranked our school with a B letter grade on the state report card.
- We were also ranked among the top 5 elementary schools in the OKCPS district for academic achievement.
- Number of school sites: 2 locations (1 elementary & 1 middle school)
- Number of students: 644
- Number of employees: 43 certified & 9 support staff
- Overall district budget: $5.4 million
- View additional school details here.
Job Description & Instructions for Applying
View the job description here.
Send a cover letter and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Name: Pat McKinstry
Phone Number: 405-212-4807
Email Address: email@example.com
Provide Your Input!
Fill out this brief survey to inform the John Rex board of the things you feel are most important for the head of school search process.
If you prefer, the school will hold a public community forum on March 5. If you plan to attend, please RSVP to Russ Florence at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Forum: 1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Location: The Garden Classroom on the 1st floor of the Myriad Gardens, 301 W. Reno Ave., OKC, OK 73102.
Staff Forum: March 5, 3:45 p.m. - 5:15 p.m.
Parent/Family Forum: March 5, 6:00 p.m - 7:30 p.m.
Location: Both staff and family forums will be held at John Rex Elementary School, 500 W Sheridan Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73102.
NOTE: RSVPing for the staff and family forums is not necessary.