Pull back the curtain and you will see plenty of reasons why the post-Great Recession economy is not all it’s cracked up to be—jobless Americans on the sidelines uncounted, slow wage growth coupled with concerns of inequality, and businesses unsure how to react to world events, and whether it’s safe to take risks and invest.
So what should the new administration do?
The president, his administration, and the new Congress should zero in on four key goals:
1. Getting more workers off the sidelines and back in the workforce with good-paying jobs by equipping them with the skills needed to do those jobs.
2. Raising wages—not artificially with minimum wage laws—but through a growing economy.
3. Relieving business of regulations, rules and barriers to success.
4. Encouraging businesses not to be overly cautious—in order to get over their hangover—while promoting policies that encourage re-investing in the economy.
So what is Express Employment Professionals doing in collaboration with educators?
The future of America is bright. America is still a beacon of hope, and every student should be provided the opportunity of the ‘American Dream’.
At Express, we are dedicated to working with K-12, community colleges, career techs and higher ed institutions to a) help prepare students for the work place and b) help as many people as possible find good jobs by helping as many clients as possible find good people. We have set forth several steps to achieve these goals:
- Convey that our studies find 90% of students are encouraged to obtain a four-year degree (by counselors, parents...) when staffing companies know that two-thirds of job openings require a motivated individual with a two-year associate’s degree or a trade school certificate.
- Help Oklahoma educational institutions save 2% in direct payroll administration cost...and provide staffing solutions that help relieve ‘pain points’ in the changing HR
- Offer complimentary programming to all schools aimed at preparing 17-24 year olds for the workforce (e.g.
- Sponsor specific programs, platforms aimed at recognizing great educators – for example, ‘Teacher of the Year’.
if there is anything we can do to help you accomplish your personal and professional goals in 2017!